AdventureMed, LLC (“AdventureMed,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information refers to information that is connected to Your name and may include things such as Your address, mailing address, and telephone number, location, demographic information, photographs, and payment card preferences.
Collection of Personal Information from Members
AdventureMed collects personal information when Members voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect or receive information from You when You create a Member Account, edit Your Registration Information, make a purchase, use or access Service or Content, or otherwise interact with us. If you provide information directly to us in other ways outside of the Platform, such as by sending us an email, we may retain that information and add it with the other information we have collected from you.
- Member Profile: We collect information when You create or update Your Member Account. This may include Your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, degree certifications and specialties, and whether you wish to obtain CME credit for the course(s).
- Payment or Banking Information: We or our third party partners collect payment or bank information (including related payment verification information) if You sign up for a course.
- Demographic Data: We may collect demographic information about You, including through user surveys.
- Member Content: We may collect information that You submit when You contact AdventureMed customer support, or otherwise contact AdventureMed.
- Information from Third Parties. If courses are implemented through third party providers, they also may provide information about You to us. We may also receive contact information or other information about You from Your employer or an entity with whom you are affiliated. We may also receive information about you from other sources, such as our business partners or from individuals who refer you to us. We may add this information to other information we collect from you.
Collection of Other Information
In addition to personal information that we may receive from You, AdventureMed may collect other information from Members using the following technologies:
Use of Personal Information
AdventureMed’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide You with AdventureMed’s products and services and information about those products and services. AdventureMed may also use personal information about You for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To help diagnose problems with our Platform, to administer our Platform, and to enhance the Platform for optimal Member experience.
- To monitor the usage and performance of our Platform, and to determine usage data about our Members and usage patterns.
- To send You information and reminders regarding classes that You have selected through the Platform.
- To send Members materials, promotional information, partner information, updates, marketing information, information and special offers from us.
- To provide and deliver the products and services You select through the Platform, process payments, and send You related information, such as confirmations and receipts.
- To provide maintenance, support, and support services for the Platform.
- To contact Members for information verification purposes.
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity.
Sharing Personal Information
- Behavioral-Based Advertising. AdventureMed participates in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about Your use of the Platform so that AdventureMed can provide advertising about products and services tailored to Your interest. That advertising may appear either on the Platform, or on other web sites. Unless stated otherwise on the Platform, we do not share Your information with third parties to directly market to You, but we may market to You on behalf of such third parties that would like to send You information about their products and services.
- Related Companies. AdventureMed may share Your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with AdventureMed).
- Service Provider. AdventureMed may share Your personal information with service providers that perform services for AdventureMed, such as providing marketing assistance, providing accreditation and CME services, providing courses and related testing, analyzing data, and processing payment card information.
- Legal Compliance. There may also be instances when AdventureMed may disclose Your personal information without providing You with a choice in order to protect the legal rights of AdventureMed, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors; to honor a request that You have made through the Platform; to protect the safety and security of other Members; to protect against fraud or for risk management purposes; or to comply with the Law or legal process.
- M&A Transaction. In addition, if AdventureMed sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, AdventureMed may transfer Your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction.
- Aggregate Information. AdventureMed may create non-personally identifying aggregate data from the information it collects. AdventureMed may use that aggregate data for our own purposes or disclose it to third parties in our own discretion.
Access & Choice
AdventureMed has implemented the following procedure that You may use to access, correct, or delete Your personal information, or choose how Your information is used:
- If You would like to know the types of information that AdventureMed collects about You on its Platform, please email or write AdventureMed at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
- If You would like to know whether AdventureMed has collected personal information about You please send us the activities and services that You participated in on the Platform that requested personal information. After reviewing the relevant databases, AdventureMed will confirm whether AdventureMed has collected such information about You and provide a list of Your personal information that we have on file.
- If Your personal information is incorrect, You may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to AdventureMed’s Privacy Agent at the address below. Your request must include (a) all of the incorrect personal information that You wish to change, (b) the corrected personal information, and (c) Your signature authorizing such changes. AdventureMed will then correct the personal information in our database and send a written confirmation to You.
- You may choose to provide us with Your email address, in which case we may send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to You. You can stop receiving promotional emails by submitting a request at the contact in the “Communications” section below or following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that You receive. If You decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send You transactional communications, such as those about Your Member Account, to fulfill orders You have made, or other service-related communications.
- Some web browsers and devices permit You to broadcast a preference that You not be “tracked” online. At this time AdventureMed does not modify Your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
Notice to California Residents
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with AdventureMed are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the addresses listed below.
Advertisements and Links to Other Websites
Attn: AdventureMed Privacy Agent
26 S. Rio Grande Street, Suite 2072,
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
If AdventureMed needs, or is required, to contact You concerning any event that involves information about You, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.
Effective as of November 1, 2019.